Thursday, September 11, 2008

9/11


Today is September 11th 2008. Its been 7 years since the tragedy. I think society was greatly impacted 7 years ago, but many people treat 9/11 now as a normal day. By ignoring the fact that our country was terrorized wont make it go away. I think the Presidential candidates should have all come together and done community service project to try and raise awareness of the troops over seas. Our Americans are fighting a war and giving up their lives for our country. The least we can do is acknowledge what they are doing.

3 comments:

a singer said...

I agree with part of your blog. I do think that the Presidential candidates should have came together and raised awareness with some kind of activity or project. The troops over seas are fightiing for our lives and risking theirs to keep everyone happy and safe throughout the USA. I don't think most people just act as September 11th is a normal day. I think people still acknowledge the fact that that day, 7 years ago, was a tragic day for everyone. People may not mourn as much as they use to, but I beleive everyone still recognizes and feels emotional when the day comes, when 7 years ago, the whole USA was affected negatively.

awesome beef said...

I agree completely. 9/11 has come and gone and almost seemed unnoticed. It disappoints me that the country didn't come together in more of a formal way like they have in the past, especially the presidential candidates. Yes, people do realize it's 9/11 and remember what that day was like, but why not come together again like we did when it happened? It doesn't have to be major, just have your American flag up by your door again to show you support our country and our troops.

'chelle said...

I also believe that the Presidential Candidates should cooperate and come together to raise awareness. It saddens me that many people don't remember 9/11 as a tragic day, but just a normal one. Isn't it amazing, though, that when the incident happened, America was more united then it had been in years, and now, just 7 years later, we are divided again because of political party?