Sunday, October 19, 2008

Bowling For Columbine

FEAR
its a four letter word
so is love
but these too words come across very different

"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself - nameless, unreasoning, unjustified, terror which paralyzes needed efforts to convert retreat into advance."---- FDR - First Inaugural Address, March 4, 1933

I see FEAR in America during 9/11, at airports, around certain minorities, in big cities and many more places.
Americans fear life and the things that come their way that they are not comfortable with.
Why is this?
Things in our country happen to make other become fearful.
So how do we fix this?
Our country needs to become a safe place and Americans need to learn to be comfortable with the environment they live in

2 comments:

Sydnie D said...

Omg I really like your contrasts between fear and love - very smart. The opposites are quite prevalent in American society, yet each spark very different reactions.

Colleen said...

I really think that your right about how fear controls our country and I get the feeling that our generation is going to have to be the ones to deal with all of these problems. AS much as we all wish we had a way to fix it I don’t think that there is any easy way. Maybe we are all scared because nothing in our country or lives is ever actually secure, there always seems to be some loophole in every situation.