Sunday, October 26, 2008

I Am Not My Hair

When I read Sal's blog, I saw that he related his blog to the Indie Arie feat Akon song "I Am Not My Hair"
People everyday are constantly being judged, stereotyped, looked at from the outside not inside.
Why are people so influenced by what people say and by the media.
Little girls are fascinated by Barbie. The first doll many young girls receive is a Mattel Barbie doll. We are giving girls the image of a doll that if was made into a real person would not even be able to stand up, having estimated at 36 inches (chest), 18 inches (waist) and 33 inches (hips). This is an unrealistic image girls around the nation are looking up to as a role model. Why is the media putting images of unhealthy characters into young girls minds?
Why do we not except people in society to be different? To be unique? Why do we judge on first instincts and not give people a chance?
Stereotypes
Label
Categorize
Define
Mold
Standardize
Regulate
different

No comments: