Monday, January 5, 2009

CRASH

People are stereotyped all the time. In the movie Crash, many different nationalities were being judged based on true stereotypes. I thought the hardest scene to watch was when the Hispanic father almost got shot with his daughter in his arms. Also, just earlier on in the movie when the same Hispanic father was fixing the locks, the family that was having the locks changed didn't trust him because he was "Mexican" and he would the the keys to his "amigos". I have seen this movie before, but when i watched it this time in sociology i had a different way of watching it. The whole movie comes full circle, and the actions will continue to be repeated. I try in my own life not to judge people before i get to know them, but first impressions say a lot about a persons character. Giving each person the benefit of the doubt and not judging them right away and getting to know them better is a much better way to live life.

No comments: