First Post of the Year--Who am I? A question many people ask themselves. Is there a definite answer? Is it a one word definition, or a 500+ page novel filled with experiences and adventures? I am ME. I'm not one word, but I do have adventures and journeys that fill my life. I don't think anyone truly knows who they are until they go through a life changing experience. I haven't figured out my place yet, but I have a lot of things in my life that are very important to me. My family and friends mean the world to me. I stick up for what I believe in and wont back down. I speak my mind even if no one else agrees with me. I am independent, but also need my friends as strong support to help me achieve my goals. My skating team means the world to me. We travel around to other countries representing America as TEAM USA#1. It is the best feeling when our flag is raised and the USA National Anthem is played. My biggest influences in life are Olympic Athletes that train and compete for our country. Hard working athletes keep me motivated. My goal in life is to make a difference. If it is to one person or a community or the world, it doesn't matter to me. As long as I make an impact on someones life I will be happy. In my free time I enjoy doing charity work. I hope to do Habitat for Humanity before I leave for college.
Last Post of the Year--I am still me. I don't think i have changed to people, but to myself i have, My whole world now is based on my future. Senior year is already half way done. It is bittersweet, but i am very excited for the new year and all the exciting things it has to bring. This will be a lot of "lasts" as high school students, but also a lot of "firsts" as college students in this coming August. As Sal told me one day, "it doesn't matter where you go to college, you will still have a future no matter where you end up". That is one tip of advice i have used over and over again when deciding on my college choice. It is a good piece of advice because if you think about it, its true. If you don't get into your "dream school" there will still be other schools that you will get into and attend and make it yours. This semester coming to an end has made me really think and go back and wonder if I made a difference. If someone out in the world remembers any piece of advice i gave to them, or thought of a way i helped out my community. I hope i made a difference because to me, a difference was made to me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment